Director, Solutions Delivery
O'Neil Digital Solutions
Los Angeles, CA or Dallas, TX (or any city in the continental United States)
Does This Describe You?
- Previous experience as a Senior Delivery Leader from a Big 4 firm or any respected SI consulting firm/practice, leading complex software engineering engagements
- Pragmatic (not academic) understanding and approach to delivering implementations using general Project Management concepts in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, stakeholder management, and client-facing experience
- 4+ years managing medium-sized and complex custom development projects
- 4+ years of experience delivering solutions that require architecting and developing business critical and/or web-based applications using .NET, Relational Databases, Java frameworks, Python, React, or other open-source languages and platforms
- Undergraduate degree preferably in a STEM discipline
- You are NOT a job hopper because you enjoy being part of a dynamic culture that stimulates you professionally and celebrates team achievement
- Early career hands-on software development experience
O’Neil Digital Solutions (ODS) - The Coolest Company You’ve Never Heard Of
ODS is a leader in providing the marketing communications and publishing needs of major corporations. ODS is undergoing a major transformation to drive change in the marketplace as a SaaS provider of emerging data-driven solutions and professional services for its clients. They are known for their quality focus and outstanding client service in the face of complex business needs. They have a diverse workforce, focus on their people, trust and teamwork, and they maintain a high degree of integrity while exceeding the expectations of their clients.
The Position: Director, Solutions Delivery
ODS is looking for an experienced Program Manager who is hands-on technically and fully knowledgeable in project management techniques, including the use of negotiation skills and influence to drive internal and external projects to completion in a timely and cost-effective manner. The successful candidate will demonstrate high-caliber communication and project reporting skills.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, influence and mentoring for project teams as well as a route of escalation for project related risks and issues. The Director will drive project related communications to IT leadership, business leadership, and various project and program stakeholders to facilitate project definition, direction, and status, as well as partner with business leaders to achieve the goals of assigned projects.
- Execute and implement the technical solution using iterative, RUP, or Agile Project Management Methodology (PMM) for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, new custom application deployments, process improvement, application and technical upgrades, feature/function enhancements and technical infrastructure enhancements. The Director will lead matrix-style projects teams including, but not limited to, technical resources, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), vendor representatives, and Business Analysts to achieve the stated goals of assigned projects.
- Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects including all project related deliverables found within PMM including, but not limited to:
- Identify, request, coordinate, and manage project resources.
- Create, manage, and monitor Project resource assignments.
- Perform periodic project-level quality reviews:
- Ensure project schedules, risks, and issues are being maintained.
- Ensure resource assignments are clear, well understood, and up-to-date.
- Coordinate dependencies, critical path items, and resource allocations across projects.
- Ensure project budgets, including ETCs are managed and reported.
- Ensure project, schedule, risks & issues, resource, vendor, etc. conflicts are addressed and/or escalated to key stakeholders.
- Engineering team’s liaison to coordinate with the Infrastructure, Applications, Data, Business End-User teams, as well as other IT groups, for communication efforts as well as project execution efforts.
- Determine the technical direction for the application solutions.
- Lead and coordinate the design, development, implementation support and optimization of desktop, web-based, and mobile real-time application systems to support critical business functions.
- Use object-oriented techniques and software engineering best practices including design review, code review, unit-testing, and re-factoring.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership in collaborative design, implementation and testing of multi-tier software applications, web services, and database systems.
- Successful technical leadership on multiple software development projects – on-time and on-budget.
- Effective management of project issues and risks.
- 4+ years Project Execution experience completing medium-sized and moderately complex projects in a complex environment.
- Has working knowledge of PMI process groups: Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing.
- 4+ years of experience architecting & developing business critical and/or-web based eCommerce applications using .NET, SQL Server, Open Source, and/or Java/J2EE Frameworks.
- Previous hands-on development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in leading high performance, results-oriented teams with a sense of urgency and a commitment to quality.
- Decisiveness: Makes timely and effective decisions.
- Sends the right messages and information to appropriate audiences verbally and in writing; keeps people informed; adapts communication style to the needs of the audience in order to articulate the rationale and value of a position and ensure understanding.
- Actively gathers appropriate level of participation and input to decision-making, and fosters same within team. Persuades others to see/recognize new perspectives to reach best outcomes by utilizing buy-in, persuasion and relationship building.
- Assembles and effectively leads direct reports and/or partnership teams. Exceptional facilitator of teamwork and decision-making in virtual and in-person settings.
- A strong mentor who pays personal attention to the growth and development of others, provides constructive feedback, and creates development opportunities.
- Consulting experience is a strongly desired.
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline is preferred, but not required.
ODS offers a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) savings plan, medical/dental/life insurance coverage, flexible spending and dependent care plan, paid sick, vacation, holidays, and profit-sharing benefits.
WHY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SHOULD PURSUE THIS JOB
This is an ideal role for a Senior Manager who has led complex software development projects for Big 4 or IT consulting firms/practices, particularly if family or quality of life priorities cry for shifting onto a corporate IT career track. ODS projects are unique and fascinating, leverage digital technologies and will allow you an opportunity to grow and shape your resources into an efficient, cohesive, high performing team.
As a company, ODS transforms highly complex data into rich, customer-centric communications, and it is doing extraordinarily well in this market segment. Companies in healthcare, financial, and other major industries rely on ODS for high-volume, high-mix communications that are accurate, timely, and secure. ODS’s customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing, and fulfillment services. ODS is a solution-based company that offers customers forward thinking solutions to design, create, print, and distribute their client communications. Collectively, ODS’s team of industry experts has over 200 years’ worth of experience and expertise in publishing services and enjoy a global reputation for excellence and innovation. Their broad knowledge base enables it to build and manage innovative solutions for a diverse customer base. They infuse each project with experience and technology tailored to meet client requirements.
With the Covid-19 pandemic, ODS’ leaders discovered that that their leaders and deep technical resources can perform just as effectively and efficiently for clients from their own homes as from ODS’ offices, depending on each individual’s unique preference. That includes this position.
O’Neil Digital Solutions has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this important search.
VP, Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Berklee College of Music
Berklee (Berklee.edu) is the preeminent institute of contemporary music and the performing arts, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs at its campuses in Boston, Massachusetts and Valencia, Spain, and through its award-winning distance learning program, Berklee Online. Dedicated to nurturing the creative and career potential of the world’s most inspired artists, Berklee’s commitment to arts education is reflected in the work of its students, faculty, and alumni—hundreds of whom have been recognized with Grammy, Tony, Oscar, and Emmy awards.
At Berklee, students explore interdisciplinary approaches to music, dance, theater, film, business, healthcare, education, technology, and more. With students and alumni from more than 100 nations and educational partners across the world, we are forging new connections among art forms, musical traditions, and technologies to build a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative global arts community.
With a focus on global learning, Berklee’s student body represents more than 95 countries. Berklee has campuses in Boston, Massachusetts and in Valencia, Spain with a new facility in New York City, while Berklee Online serves distance learners worldwide with extension classes and degree-granting programs. Berklee Online is the dominant player in online music education and continues to grow at a rapid pace--more than 1.5 million people worldwide have registered for Berklee massive open online courses.
Berklee’s alumni form an ever-widening network of industry professionals who use their openness, virtuosity, and versatility to take performing arts in surprising new directions. Notable Berklee College of Music alumni include Quincy Jones, Diana Krall, Juan Luis Guerra, Branford Marsalis, Esperanza Spalding, Aimee Mann, Danilo Pérez, St. Vincent, Gillian Welch, Miguel Zenon, Susan Tedeschi, John Scofield, Imagine Dragons, Arif Mardin, BT, Alan Silvestri, John Mayer, Christian Scott, Howard Shore, and Gary Burton. Notable Boston Conservatory alumni include Chad Kimball, Erin Davie, Shoba Narayan, Jennifer Simard, Keesha Sharp Fleth, Stephanie Umoh, Bradley Gibson, Ebony Williams, Rukmini Vijayakumar, Kylie Jefferson, Jonathan Heyward, Gabi Reyes, Victoria Livengood, and Lily Afshar.
Berklee has experienced rapid growth, especially over the past ten years. More than 4,500 undergraduate students and 400 graduate students are taught by 984 faculty members and are supported by a staff of 800.
Technology plays a key strategic role at the institution and is embedded into the curriculum as much as it is in the world of contemporary music, from the way music is conceived, written, performed, produced, recorded, and distributed. Students are required to own an Apple laptop computer, and Berklee distributes a distinct standardized suite of software to every entering student that will support the student’s learning throughout their Berklee enrollment. In addition, many departments add specialized hardware and software bundles that support the unique curriculum of their majors.
The campus is wired and wirelessly connected to internal and external resources, and both the Boston and Valencia, Spain campuses share access to Internet2. Our facilities include recording studios, pre- and post-production spaces, all served by centralized and distributed machine rooms that are managed using a distributed support model, and all are connected by high-speed networking to shared storage facilities. The Boston campus has an adaptive music technology laboratory to support students with visual impairments.
Berklee students and faculty use learning management systems to support their in-person interactions, and Berklee has pioneered online learning, both for on-campus and non-residential students. Our online continuing education program serves over 12,000 students annually, our Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have reached over a million students over the past two years, and our newly begun online degree offerings are exceeding our expectations for enrollment.
Supporting all this educational process are enterprise and distributed systems that increasingly need to support self-service activities for prospects, applicants, students, alumni, parents, donors, faculty, and staff. Technology serves the needs of all administrative areas, and there are opportunities to significantly advance our ability to recruit, admit, and manage enrollment at the college through improved strategic use of technology systems.
Access to good data has become increasingly important for institutional decision-making, and Berklee’s technology systems and business processes need to keep pace--both with technology and cultural changes--in order to address the important strategic issues that lie ahead for all institutions of higher education. The VP-level CIO will play a major role in leading the college in better use of emerging technology to support near- and long-term decision-making.
The Position: VP, Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Reporting directly to the President, the Chief Information Officer (“CIO”), a Vice President/Cabinet-level position, holds ultimate responsibility and accountability for technology systems at the college. The CIO is responsible for the overall staffing and organizational structure of the Technology Resources Area, with a current staff of 70 people. The Vice President is both the chief technology and chief information officer of the College and is responsible for the successful integration of technology into all College programs across all campuses and for all administrative and student support services, which includes a diverse population with a wide variety of abilities and technical needs.
An essential aspect of this role includes developing and communicating a long-term vision and plan to the College community and external constituencies while providing the leadership and direction necessary to achieve annual goals as well as the College’s strategic goals and initiatives.
Challenges and opportunities
The CIO should be a collaborative leader, who can both lead and partner, who advances the art of teaching and learning, and who supports the institution with appropriate accessible and usable systems, technologies, and solutions. Priorities for the CIO will include the following:
Vision and Strategy
- Lead and execute technology programs in support of the College's strategic goal to advance the art of teaching and accommodating a variety of learning styles;
- Provide strategic vision and leadership for Technology Resources including accessible and usable systems, technologies, and forward-looking solutions to support College programs and administrative processes and support services;
- Formulate area and division strategy, balancing long-term goals with current needs;
- Keep Berklee on the leading-edge of online learning for music and support the around-the-clock needs of faculty and students engaged in online learning; and
- Anticipate technology needs in the growth of multiple and international campuses and implement processes and policies that support technology needs.
Management and Best Practices
- Drive implementation of large-scale projects that support the college’s strategic initiatives;
- Manage capital and operating budgets for technology; and
- Review and evaluate emerging technologies with respect to potential impact on music education and administrative systems, including evaluating accessibility and best practices at other institutions.
- Provide principled leadership for the Technology Resources area;
- Build organizational capacity through effective staff development and retention;
- Represent the College in the music, technology, and education fields and other external constituencies as appropriate;
- Serve as an active and contributing member of the President’s Cabinet, the President’s Council, and other committees as determined by the President; and
- Build and sustain strong partnerships and collaborations among departments in support of cross-departmental, technological initiatives; ensuring that all information technology efforts are in line with the college’s goals.
Knowledge and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, information technology, engineering, or equivalent professional experience. Strong candidates for the CIO position would ideally hold an advanced degree or equivalent and would demonstrate the following:
- Expertise in higher education technology, including technology in support of academic, marketing, admissions, retention, student services, advancement and alumni relations, and administrative areas such as finance, human resources, and budget;
- Experience in IT Infrastructure and online services; and
- Vision for the future of technology applications, especially as relates to music education - both online and in-person, student acquisition, support and retention, and expertise in technology that supports all college business processes.
- Experience in information security and understanding of all current legal requirements;
- Understanding of the different technology needs of diverse users;
- Experience ensuring information technology accessibility and usability.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, including strategic planning, implementation, and assessment;
- Comfort managing large capital and operating budgets, including the ability to prioritize and allocate resources;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote a vision and motivate a team to realize large-scale projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including listening as well an ability to communicate well and at all levels of the College;
- Ability to work collaboratively across all areas of the organization and build consensus among disparate groups and requirements; and
- Track record of forming strategic relationships and partnerships.
- High level of cultural competence and values, ethics, and principles that align with the Berklee community, in which every voice is valued and respected and where a diverse, inclusive work and learning environment is essential; and
- Passion for technology and music, demonstrated through experience in the music technology industry or in another way.
WHY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SHOULD PURSUE THIS OPPORTUNITY
This is a national search for the best and brightest, as is fitting for this unparalleled institution.
The preeminent institution of contemporary music, dance, and theater, Berklee offers degree-granting programs in Boston, New York City, and Valencia, Spain, and through Berklee Online. Dedicated to nurturing the creative and career potential of the world’s most inspired artists, Berklee’s commitment to arts education is reflected in the work of its students, faculty, and alumni—hundreds of whom have been recognized with Grammy, Latin Grammy, Emmy, Tony, and Academy awards.
At Berklee, students explore interdisciplinary approaches to music, dance, theater, film scoring, business, entrepreneurship, education, technology, and more. Youth programs reach underserved classrooms throughout the U.S. and beyond. With students and alumni from more than 100 nations and educational partners across the world, Berklee forges connections among art forms, musical traditions, and technologies to build a dynamic, sustainable, diverse, and collaborative global arts community. Diversity in all its forms is a source of strength for the institution.
Newsweek recently ranked Berklee College of Music as third among all U.S. colleges that “offer an exceptional artistic atmosphere.” The Hollywood Reporter ranked the college as third among "20 Music Schools for Composing for Film and TV in 2020." Billboard listed Berklee among the “Elite Music Business Schools Shaping the Industry’s Future,” highlighting Berklee’s growth in Valencia and its music business degree programs. The Luxonomist ranked Berklee’s campuses in Boston and Valencia as the top two music colleges in the world.
Boston Conservatory at Berklee has earned dozens of accolades in recent years, including "Best College Dance Programs in the U.S.” (Dance US, 2019), “Five of the Best Music Education Schools in the U.S.” (Careers in Music, 2019), and “Big Ten 2019: The 10 Most Represented Colleges on Broadway” (Playbill, 2019, 2018, and 2017).
We are seeking a transformational change agent for this mission-critical role, someone who is flexible and can effectively influence, lead, communicate, and speak from experience while collaborating, actively listening, and learning along the way. This is a calling more than a career, and we’re looking for a leader who is passionate, albeit humble, to help set the course for a preeminent institution of higher learning that strives to reach new heights every day.
Berklee College of Music has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this important search.
Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry
O'Neil Digital Solutions
Los Angeles, California (Candidate can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
O'Neil Digital Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of O'Neil Capital Management. Founded in 1973, O’Neil is a leading Document Creation, Document Output, and Document Delivery service provider, with a strong professional service and consulting practices supporting the Healthcare, Financial Services and Insurance industries. O'Neil provides Customer Communication Management (CCM) that allows their clients the ability to communicate more effectively to their customers, via Omni-channel delivery, which improves customer satisfaction and loyalty. O’Neil engages with customers to assist in their digital transformation initiatives.
The Position: Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry
O’Neil is currently seeking a Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales in the healthcare, financial and/or Insurance Industry (MD, TSS-II) to help grow their combination software and professional services business. This person will report to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing and will likely be an executive-level software sales leader with strong Insurance industry relationships at the C-level, or have been a heavy senior manager to Managing Director/VP/Principal/Partner level focused on the Insurance industry vertical at a Big 4 consulting firm, IBM, or DXC on the management/technology consulting sides (or equivalent).
The type of work this person will help sell (in a consultative/trusted advisor way) and lead will be much more about digital transformation strategy, from traditional output to omni-channel conversion, as well as process improvement, change management, and the selling of O’Neil’s SAAS platform.
The ideal MD, PS will have carried a $15 million plus book of business in consulting services and/or software sales, will have grown an account from $2 million to $10+ million, will have strong C-level relationships with at least four or more large accounts, and will have overseen a book of business $50 million to $80 million or more sometime in her/her career. The expectation is that this person will have the ability to close at least $3 million in business in year one with the ability to sell SAAS Platform/IT/Change Management/Consulting Services in the healthcare/financial/Insurance industry verticals, throughout in the U.S.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Drive profitable revenue growth with the aforementioned revenue targets.
- Establish customer relationships and become ‘trusted advisor’ to client senior leadership at the C-level.
- Facilitate introduction to potential customers and lead sales efforts for those prospects.
- Ensure the utilization and compliance of fundamental processes, policies, and procedures to ensure effective management of a portfolio of clients and their successfully implemented projects.
- Ensure appropriate level of engagement oversight and project monitoring for each project.
- Generate new sales opportunities through managed third-party relationships.
- Identify and invest in partnerships that will increase market share and strengthen technology brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of IT consulting and/or Software Sales experience—with success at the Senior Manager, Director, and/or Partner/VP/Managing Director levels--leading large projects or account teams within the U.S. Healthcare, Financial Services and/or Insurance market.
- Minimum 6 years demonstrating success in business development activity.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate/interact with client 'C-level' executives.
- Competence in profitably leading large, concurrent consulting engagements.
- Competence in developing and managing to a strategic and financial plan.
- Current or previous leadership and active participation with industry advisory councils or professional associations.
- Advanced degree or additional technical or industry certifications beneficial to role.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent leadership skills required, as well as the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- A blend of strategic business management capability, intellectual horsepower, revenue generating capability, and leadership skills.
- Strong business partner (customer) focus, with a consultative, collaborative, client-service and team-oriented style.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a matter that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding, for technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Self-motivated. Must be highly professional and results oriented. Ability to work independently, plan workload and deliver on commitments.
WHY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SHOULD PURSUE THIS JOB
While O’Neil will pay well for the right candidate, a top performer in the Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry role will have uncapped income potential and no geographic boundaries within the U.S. (can live and work anywhere in that region)— unlike most analogous roles in the Big 4 industry and with other boutique consulting and executive-level sales roles. Furthermore, you will be surrounded by top performers from other world-class firms who have also seen the potential for O’Neil to continue to expand into the health insurance, financial services, and insurance industry verticals. More than that, working for a fast-growing services firm, you will have the ability to make a larger individual impact on the company’s growth and into its existing and new markets.
As a company, O’Neil transforms highly complex data into rich, customer-centric communications, and it is doing extraordinarily well in this market segment. Companies in health insurance, financial, and insurance industries rely on O’Neil for high-volume, high-mix communications that are accurate, timely, and secure. O’Neill’s customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing, and fulfillment services. O’Neil is a solution-based company that offers customers forward thinking solutions to design, create, print, and distribute their client communications. Collectively, O’Neil’s team of industry experts has over 200 years’ worth of experience and expertise in publishing services and enjoy a global reputation for excellence and innovation. Their broad knowledge base enables it to build and manage innovative solutions for a diverse customer base. They infuse each project with experience and technology tailored to meet client requirements.
This is an extraordinarily exciting time to be part of City National Bank. Long known as the largest commercial bank headquartered in Los Angeles, and respected for its superior treatment of its clients, the 2015 merger with RBC provided an opportunity for the IT organization to take its high performance to the next level. With RBC’s investment, City National’s IT leadership team has an opportunity to leverage technology solutions more often associated with banks many times the size of City National, and to be a beachhead as RBC continues to extend its strong reach into the U.S. market.
O'Neil has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this important search.