Vice President Business Development & Strategy
Midwest or New England
Our Client is seeking a Vice President Business Development & Strategy for its Transportation Industry Sector. This position may be based in the Midwest or New England.
This person will work with the Executive Leadership of the Transportation Sector, Divisional Leaders, Corporate Development & Planning (CD&P) and others in Business Development and Planning to identify and help carry out growth and profitability improvement initiatives for our client’s $3B+ transportation business globally. The position includes: lead responsibility to develop and continually expand an acquisition pipeline that advances the strategic and financial interests of Transportation Sector; leadership opportunities connected to individual merger, acquisition, divestiture and alliance projects; ongoing analysis aimed at assessing the health and competitive positioning of the business; a central role in the annual Strategic Planning process and in articulating Transportation Sector strategies to internal and external audiences.
The VP Business Development & Strategy will also be assigned to special high-priority projects, such as: assessment of a new industry space for our Client; evaluation of entry options for our Client in a new geography; and development of a cross functional process as required by the Transportation Sector Leadership Team.
- Co-lead strategic planning of Transportation Sector and individual businesses
- Work with business leadership teams to identify growth opportunities and priorities
- Develop strategic justification and quantification of organic and inorganic investments
- Create formal Strategic Plan documents for divisions and the Transportation Sector as a whole
- Work with Business Leaders to identify growth platforms and build and manage an acquisition pipeline
- Research companies that fit with our growth priorities and strategies
- Prioritize targets and monitor their performance, while developing and maintain contact with the target companies
- Ensure coordination of global product lines by working with similar business units in multiple regions on strategy, product roadmap, manufacturing footprint, and commercial approaches
- Lead teams in evaluating specific acquisition, divestiture or alliance candidates
- Work with Transportation Sector business leaders to articulate strategic rationale
- Prepare complete business cases with strategic and financial analyses
- Coordinate CD&P and BU activity to develop common view on qualitative and quantitative base business and synergies assumptions
- Support CD&P in gathering input from business teams, reviewing and revising legal documents and negotiation approaches, and resolving open issues that can affect the transaction or value
- Work with Senior Leaders to articulate Transportation Sector strategy to internal and external audiences
- Conduct ongoing analysis of target markets, our Client's transportation business and its competitors
- Train business unit leaders in Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) tools and processes and ensure CD&P understands the needs of the Transportation Sector businesses
- Strong time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Effective leading both junior and senior-level groups
- Ability to quickly assess acquisitions and other investments, and communicate the key strategic value elements, areas of synergy, key risks and value detractors
- Professional presence to be able to communicate and operate comfortably and efficiently with senior executives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills, and industry research platforms
- Travel as necessary for project work approximating 25% of work time
- Minimum five years working with strategic framework tools, industry analysis, and/or financial modeling/valuation experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Previous professional experience working in Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Consulting, or Private Equity
- Exposure to: the transportation industry; broader construction, building, and facilities markets; software and service businesses
- Prior valuation / deal experience is highly desirable
- Post-merger integration activity and international experience
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master's degree is highly preferred.
This client has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this important search.
Chief Information Security Officer
Southeastern United States
Our client is one of the largest suppliers of agricultural products in North and South America, with increasing agricultural operations in Australia, making it now one of the largest agricultural companies by revenue in the world.
With a vast social presence and excellent distribution capabilities, our client has developed a stellar track record of customer satisfaction for more than 20 years.
The Company is headquartered in the southern United States, with R&D and manufacturing operations in 3 other North American locations, and a growing number of offices throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
The Position – Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Company's enterprise-wide, global security management program for the purpose of protecting the Company and client information and technical assets. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on security risks, aligning security posture of the organization in a manner that supports effective protection of information assets, and managing and executing security controls in support of the Company's compliance and regulatory requirements. This CISO position requires a visionary leader with knowledge of business management and a working global knowledge of information security technologies. The CISO will proactively work with business units to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security.
A key element of the CISO's role is working with executive management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the organization and driving security into business processes throughout the Company, from product development to technology maintenance and management.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a consensus builder and an integrator of people, processes, and technology in a fast-moving, consumer focused environment. While the CISO is the leader of the security program, he or she must also be able to coordinate disparate drivers, constraints and personalities, while maintaining objectivity and a strong understanding that security is just one of the business's activities. Ultimately, the CISO is a business leader, and should have a track record of competency in the field of information security or risk management, with ten or more years of relevant security experience, including five or more years in a significant leadership role.
- Develop, implement and monitor a global strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and risk management program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organization.
- Manage the enterprise's information security organization, consisting of direct reports and indirect reports. This includes hiring, training, staff development, performance management and annual performance reviews.
- Develop security organization talent, engaging/managing third parties as needed to ensure the required capabilities are available either internally or externally.
- Facilitate information security governance through the implementation of a hierarchical governance program, including interaction with the cyber security working group.
- Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices.
- Work with various Business Units, Sales Leaders, and Departmental heads in developing an Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Implement a standard Risk Philosophy, Risk Universe & Risk Taxonomy.
- Develop and manage information security budgets, and monitor for variances.
- Create and manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors and approved system users.
- Work directly with the business units to facilitate security risk assessment and risk management processes, and work with stakeholders throughout the enterprise on identifying acceptable levels of residual risk.
- Provide regular reporting on the current status of the security program to risk management committee, senior business leaders and the board of directors as part of a strategic enterprise risk management program.
- Create a framework for roles and responsibilities with regard to information ownership, classification, accountability and protection.
- Develop and implement an information security management framework that aligns with our business model, our risk profile, and our existing compliance initiatives and efforts.
- Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
- Liaise with the IT architecture teams to ensure alignment between the security and enterprise architectures, thus coordinating the strategic planning implicit in these architectures.
- Coordinate information security and risk management projects with resources leaders from across the IT organization and business unit teams.
- Work with our compliance team to ensure that security and privacy programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings.
- Define and facilitate the global information security risk assessment process, including the reporting and oversight of treatment efforts to address negative findings.
- Manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company's reputation.
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action.
- Liaise with external agencies, such as law enforcement and other advisory bodies as necessary, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture.
- Coordinate the use of external resources involved in the information security program, including, but not limited to, interviewing, negotiating contracts and fees, and managing external resources.
- Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event. Provide direction, support and in-house consulting in these areas.
- Facilitate a metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of the security.
- Understand and interact with related disciplines through committees to ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services, including, but not limited to, privacy, risk management, compliance and business continuity management, for both internally and externally delivered services.
- Ten or more years of combined experience in information security and risk management.
- Experience in driving change in security functions within multiple organizations.
- Seven or more years of experience working with IT security guidelines and requirements outlined or as driven by SOX, GLBA, PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, etc.
- Five or more years of leadership experience driving transformational change within cloud-based, secure environments with control systems.
- Experience implementing a revenue-driven SOC.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Demonstrate ability to succeed within fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences, up through and including the Board of Directors.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent professional experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- CISSP required, and preferably ClSM, CISA, or similar industry certifications.
This client has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this search.
County of Los Angeles, Public Defender Office
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles County Public Defender (LACPD) office has the historical distinction of being the United States’ first public defender agency. Led by Ricardo Garcia, it provides constitutionally mandated legal representation to indigent criminal defendants and juveniles in the Superior Court of the County, as well as in State and federal appellate courts. A team of more than 1,100 employees – including more than 700 attorneys, as well as paralegals, investigators, psychiatric social workers and administrative staff – share in supporting the department’s mission.
In 2018, the LACPD’s office achieved another “first,” by installing the first CIO of any public defender office in the United States. Already an admired change agent within the County and among peers in the private sector – CIO Mohammed Al Rawi was drawn to the opportunity because LACPD’s mission mirrored his own passion for giving back to Los Angeles’ community, in particular to supporting the community’s most underserved citizens.
He learned that LACPD attorneys operated under a significant competitive disadvantage. Across the nation, prosecutors have access to sophisticated case management systems. Public defenders do not. Since no commercially available system exists for public defenders, he influenced County leaders to invest in the development of the first Public Defender case management system, built upon the Salesforce CRM platform. Engaging Big 4 consulting resources and a team of technical specialists in Salesforce, the LACPD’s case management system is expected to be rolled out by spring, 2020. This revolutionary system will require a dedicated IT team to support and evolve the system, managed by an IT manager who can act as the system’s CTO, reporting directly to the CIO.
This multi-million-dollar project is digitizing, automating and transforming legacy operations into a modern, Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution including Salesforce.com (SFDC) with Luminex, Linkpoint 360, Drawloop, Box.com and other technologies. LACPD is deploying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for business automation and advanced data analytics.
The Position – Information Technology Manager I (Classified)
LACPD is seeking a self-driven individual with strong Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), DevOps and CI process knowledge to develop solutions within Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform and/or perform custom development. The candidate must have a passion to solve complex business problems leveraging COTS and custom-built technology applications. He or she will establish and lead DevOps to build, improve and maintain LACPD's new SFDC CRM system, working independently or leading a team of developers and solution architects to build technical solution that addresses business needs.
- Leads the technical delivery of SalesForce.com (SFDC) ongoing improvements and development by planning, designing, and implementing complex business processes using SFDC custom and out of the box objects in order to ensure Public Defender's Client Case Management System (CCMS) is up to date and agile to scale and accommodate the ongoing business process change.
- Develops custom applications by utilizing SFDC's APEX and JAVA object-oriented programming in order to ensure Public Defender's Client Case Management System (CCMS) is up to date and agile to scale and accommodate the ongoing business process change.
- Leads technical design sessions and develop design documentation for custom and out of the box objects in order to address ongoing Public Defender's business needs.
- Leads and manages the development validation and quality control by leveraging industry best practices of Agile, SCRUM, DevOps and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery operations in order to ensure a quality solution is delivered.
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions by designing, developing, and implementing custom and out of the box applications/modules in order to address Public Defender's business needs.
- Provides technical expertise by resolving complex application software and system performance problems in order to optimize use of existing software, leverage design of new systems, and promote the efficient, cost effective uses of advanced technologies.
- Represents the department by participating in collaborative efforts with other County departments, outside agencies and/or vendors in order to communicate Public Defender's business best interest.
- Supervises and leads developers and solution architects by performing a full range of administrative and technical supervisory tasks, which includes recruiting, hiring, advising, motivating, training, supporting, and coaching to ensure quality outcome is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Promotes efficient, cost effective uses of advanced technologies by transforming legacy applications into emergent technologies to ensure Public Defender's system are up to date and compatible with current technologies.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Six (6) or more years of progressively responsible* full-time experience in the last eight (8) years in a centralized Information Technology organization performing Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design, development, testing and deployment; Two (2) years must have been managing a team in enterprise application development activities.
*Progressively responsible experience is work experience that clearly shows an upward progression in the level of duties and responsibilities from one job to the next.
- Experience in JAVA
- Experience in Salesforce development with Apex and Visualforce;
- Experience in SFDC APIs, SOSL, SOQL, SOAP or REST based web services;
- Experience with Salesforce architecture, object modeling and API;
- Experience integrating systems such as SFDC with Box.com;
- Salesforce Certifications (Platform Developer I & Platform Developer II).
REQUIRED MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent management skills required with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong business partner (customer) focus, with a consultative, collaborative, client-service and team-oriented style.
- Experience effectively managing relationships with internal business partners, service partners, and vendors.
- Ability to decompose IT services into the base competencies and capabilities required to deliver them.
- Prioritization skills and experience.
- Ability to present and discuss functional and technical information in a matter that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding, for technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to translate concepts into actionable implementation plans.
- Experience with technical management, including staffing, training, coordinating, organizing, monitoring, and coaching technical employees. Ability to inspire technical people to achieve outstanding results.
- Self-motivated. Must be highly professional and results oriented. Ability to work independently, plan workload and deliver on commitments.
WHY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SHOULD PURSUE THIS OPPORTUNITY
If you are mission-driven and derive personal or professional satisfaction in the knowledge that you make a daily difference in people’s lives, this role will provide you that, and more. At the same time, if you welcome the challenge of technical complexity and an opportunity to lead a team in the refinement and evolution of a groundbreaking solution based upon Salesforce – one of most highly regarded SaaS-based solutions in the world – that too could be what pushes your flywheel.
Los Angeles County benefits play a large role in what makes the County such a great place to work – and why so many County employees choose to work with the County for decades – at a time when so many employers in the private sector are struggling to maintain what benefits they currently offer.
The County of Los Angeles has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this search.
Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry
O'Neil Digital Solutions
Los Angeles, California (Candidate can be based anywhere in the U.S.)
O'Neil Digital Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of O'Neil Capital Management. Founded in 1973, O’Neil is a leading Document Creation, Document Output, and Document Delivery service provider, with a strong professional service and consulting practices supporting the Healthcare, Financial Services and Insurance industries. O'Neil provides Customer Communication Management (CCM) that allows their clients the ability to communicate more effectively to their customers, via Omni-channel delivery, which improves customer satisfaction and loyalty. O’Neil engages with customers to assist in their digital transformation initiatives.
The Position: Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry
O’Neil is currently seeking a Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales in the healthcare, financial and/or Insurance Industry (MD, TSS-II) to help grow their combination software and professional services business. This person will report to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing and will likely be an executive-level software sales leader with strong Insurance industry relationships at the C-level, or have been a heavy senior manager to Managing Director/VP/Principal/Partner level focused on the Insurance industry vertical at a Big 4 consulting firm, IBM, or DXC on the management/technology consulting sides (or equivalent).
The type of work this person will help sell (in a consultative/trusted advisor way) and lead will be much more about digital transformation strategy, from traditional output to omni-channel conversion, as well as process improvement, change management, and the selling of O’Neil’s SAAS platform.
The ideal MD, PS will have carried a $15 million plus book of business in consulting services and/or software sales, will have grown an account from $2 million to $10+ million, will have strong C-level relationships with at least four or more large accounts, and will have overseen a book of business $50 million to $80 million or more sometime in her/her career. The expectation is that this person will have the ability to close at least $3 million in business in year one with the ability to sell SAAS Platform/IT/Change Management/Consulting Services in the healthcare/financial/Insurance industry verticals, throughout in the U.S.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Drive profitable revenue growth with the aforementioned revenue targets.
- Establish customer relationships and become ‘trusted advisor’ to client senior leadership at the C-level.
- Facilitate introduction to potential customers and lead sales efforts for those prospects.
- Ensure the utilization and compliance of fundamental processes, policies, and procedures to ensure effective management of a portfolio of clients and their successfully implemented projects.
- Ensure appropriate level of engagement oversight and project monitoring for each project.
- Generate new sales opportunities through managed third-party relationships.
- Identify and invest in partnerships that will increase market share and strengthen technology brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of IT consulting and/or Software Sales experience—with success at the Senior Manager, Director, and/or Partner/VP/Managing Director levels--leading large projects or account teams within the U.S. Healthcare, Financial Services and/or Insurance market.
- Minimum 6 years demonstrating success in business development activity.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate/interact with client 'C-level' executives.
- Competence in profitably leading large, concurrent consulting engagements.
- Competence in developing and managing to a strategic and financial plan.
- Current or previous leadership and active participation with industry advisory councils or professional associations.
- Advanced degree or additional technical or industry certifications beneficial to role.
REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent leadership skills required, as well as the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- A blend of strategic business management capability, intellectual horsepower, revenue generating capability, and leadership skills.
- Strong business partner (customer) focus, with a consultative, collaborative, client-service and team-oriented style.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a matter that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding, for technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Self-motivated. Must be highly professional and results oriented. Ability to work independently, plan workload and deliver on commitments.
WHY A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL SHOULD PURSUE THIS JOB
While O’Neil will pay well for the right candidate, a top performer in the Managing Director, Technical Solution Sales – Insurance Industry role will have uncapped income potential and no geographic boundaries within the U.S. (can live and work anywhere in that region)— unlike most analogous roles in the Big 4 industry and with other boutique consulting and executive-level sales roles. Furthermore, you will be surrounded by top performers from other world-class firms who have also seen the potential for O’Neil to continue to expand into the health insurance, financial services, and insurance industry verticals. More than that, working for a fast-growing services firm, you will have the ability to make a larger individual impact on the company’s growth and into its existing and new markets.
As a company, O’Neil transforms highly complex data into rich, customer-centric communications, and it is doing extraordinarily well in this market segment. Companies in health insurance, financial, and insurance industries rely on O’Neil for high-volume, high-mix communications that are accurate, timely, and secure. O’Neill’s customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing, and fulfillment services. O’Neil is a solution-based company that offers customers forward thinking solutions to design, create, print, and distribute their client communications. Collectively, O’Neil’s team of industry experts has over 200 years’ worth of experience and expertise in publishing services and enjoy a global reputation for excellence and innovation. Their broad knowledge base enables it to build and manage innovative solutions for a diverse customer base. They infuse each project with experience and technology tailored to meet client requirements.
This is an extraordinarily exciting time to be part of City National Bank. Long known as the largest commercial bank headquartered in Los Angeles, and respected for its superior treatment of its clients, the 2015 merger with RBC provided an opportunity for the IT organization to take its high performance to the next level. With RBC’s investment, City National’s IT leadership team has an opportunity to leverage technology solutions more often associated with banks many times the size of City National, and to be a beachhead as RBC continues to extend its strong reach into the U.S. market.
O'Neil has retained Diligent Partners with the exclusive management of this important search.